Tuesday, December 21, 2010

1 year old check-up

Height-28.5 inches 37%
Weight-19.12 lbs 27%
Head- 77% (her brain is so big because she's so smart!)
These are the stats from Paizley's 1 year old check up. She is one healthy little girl and right on track developmentally...except for sleeping. I talked to the Dr. about her sleep habits and told her I was concerned because she still was waking up once a night to eat. The Dr. convinced me that she could go all night without eating and that she was probably waking up because of habit. So, we decided that it was time for her to learn to go without mama at night. It's only been two days and she's already taught herself to go to sleep on her own for naps and she's sleeping all the way through the night...12 hours! I know, it sounds simple right...WRONG! Ok, it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it's SO hard listening to your sweet baby cry. I just hate it. It took her 45 minutes at nap time number one without nursing and bloody murder screaming to finally go to sleep. It took 50 mnutes at night time number one of bloody murder screaming to put herself back to sleep in the middle of the night. But night time number two was a success with 12 full hours of sleep in a row without crying once! Nap time number two was a success with only a few minutes of FAKE crying to get herself to sleep! I'm so proud of her!! And I'm so proud of Craig and I for not ripping our hair out or being sucked into her crying so much that it just breaks your heart and you have to save her!! This wheening thing is starting to go much better. She is only nursing twice a day now. That's my girl. That's my big girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment