Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Labor Day- "Onion Days"

Labor Day brings so much fun and excitement to Payson because it's the famous Onion Days Celebration. Not only is it a paid holiday for Craig, it's a whole weekend full of activities and time with family. It started Saturday at the park watching Craig's little sister dance. Then we were checking out the carnaval so we could take Paiz on her first Merry-Go-Round ride. However, no Merry-Go-Round was to be found. What kind of carnaval doesn't have a Merry-Go-Round? So sad. Maybe next year. We scoped out the booths and just had a great time together at the park. Monday started off very early with my first 5k race. I ran it with my sister-in-law Annette. I was nervous cause I was feeling under the weather, but I did it! Our goal was to finish under 27 minutes and we finished in 26! I actually took third place in my age group...kind of lame, but hey I was proud of myself. Then we watched the parade...kind of boring but atleast we can say we went to a parade this year! Then we had dinner at my Grannie's and then at Craig's Grandmas. To the car show we went and then finished the day off with watching some pig wrestling. Only in Payson right! All around fun Labor Day here in Payson! (Pictures can be found on facebook)

No comments:

Post a Comment